This is the instructor level certification course for instructors wishing to teach the unit specific closed circuit rebreather course. The objective of this course is to train instructors to teach recreational rebreather diving and to develop basic rebreather diving skills appropriate to diving within the normal recreational depth limits for no decompression diving to 30 metres / 100 feet using oxygen (O2) and an air diluent. This course is manufacturer specific. Units include Inspiration/Evolution, KISS, Optima, Megalodon, rEvo, Ouroboros, Titian, Pelagian and the Sentinel.
Some of the subject areas are:
- Comparison of Open Circuit, closed circuit and semi-closed circuit units and the benefits and problems with each
- Emergency Procedures
- Demonstrate proper cleaning and maintenance of the rebreather
- Demonstrate proper analysis of all gas mixtures to be used
- Demonstrate proficiency in teaching the TDI Diving Rebreathers Diver Program
- Present a minimum of 1 graded presentation on a closed circuit rebreather topic
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may teach the TDI Closed Circuit Rebreather course not to exceed the manufacturers designed depth maximum of 30 metres/100 feet with air diluent.